Thursday 27 October 2011

Review of Laurel Lamperd's Crossroads at Isca

Crossroads at Isca is a wonderful journey, both for the reader and the characters. Roman Britian opens up before us and draws us in. This is a real experience for historians. If I didn't know better I would swear this was a first hand account. Laurel Lamperd's understanding of the stuggle to survive in a Britian invaded in Roman times brings to life this engaging story of two young women and the men who admire them. Faine and Marella are cousins but quite opposite in their dispositions. It is easy to care about both of them. Some of the scences made me feel uncomfortable since they touched on my personal taboos but were honest in keeping with the times. I found Crossroads at Isca to be well written, entertaining and enlightening. I recommend it to adult readers.

No comments: